So, SEO is a deep concern for everyone who is trying to get known in google organic search. About 2 years our algos in SEO were quite simple:
- you write a keyword in a title tag of the page
- you bring up from 5 to 10 backlinks with the straight anchor text containing a promoted keyword
- you wait for 2-4 weeks
- your page is in google top 10!
The presence brought us different changes to our SEO processes as google rolled out it’s new algorithms and updates:
- Panda 4 (updated on May 19, 2014) – a major update. It has been stated that it affected about 7.5% of English-language queries.
- Payday Loan 2.0 (May 16, 2014) – an algorithm targeting “extremely spammy queries” (for example “seo promotion”, “poker” etc.).
- Penguin 2.1 (October 4, 2013) – an algo targeting to punish manipulations with backlinks and black-hat SEO.
- Hummingbird (August 20, 2013) – an update powering changes to semantic search and the Knowledge Graph.
In this circumstances SEO’s had to adjust their strategies – diversify the sources of backlinks, pay a huge attention to social factors and SMM in general as it becomes the best way to deliver information about the website or a site page to the crowd. Changes were made to the anchor text lists, requirements for the backlinks and their sources.
And this are the main factors you should keep in mind while doing SEO for your website.